This time last year, when I went home for Christmas, I remember sitting with my mother, crying (Chrimbo always makes me maudlin). It was the aftermath of another disastrous date. Exhibit A, my heart-breaker, was an Australian builder, who wined and dined me through the twelve days of Christmas, then ungraciously dumped me on Christmas Day.
'Don't get bitter and cynical' my mother said, 'One day you'll meet someone lovely who won't mess you around like this.'
Oh, whatever [insert 'dubya' finger sign]. I'd met my 'Mr Lovely' remember? With Eoghan gone, I was in dating retrograde...
Mopped up and mulled wined, I made a decision. I clearly wasn't cut out for dating right now. I didn't have the ego, post-Eoghan, to smooze and lose any more suitors. Time for a NY resolution - 2010 would be a man-free year.
One week later I met John. Three weeks later I told him I loved him. Whats, wheres, whens and hows to come...
Tuesday, 22 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment